It is that time of month again when the Cake Slice Bakers bake up a storm from World Class Cakes and share the results. This month’s choices were Thierry Busset’s Ten Layer Coffee Chocolate Cake, Greek Coconut Cake, Banana Loaf, or a Mandarin, Polenta, and Macadamia Cake.
I chose the Banana Loaf because it was simple, much like this post is. In a couple weeks I will be posting again with a great new recipe and fill you in on life the past few months. So for now, check out this delicious Banana Loaf. I took it to a staff meeting at work and it was a big hit!
Check out what the other Cake Slice Bakers chose this month:
Banana Loaf with Peach Amaretto Glaze
Author: The Ruby Kitchen
Adapted from “World Class Cakes” by Roger Pizey
Note: The Peach Amaretto jam can be found at many grocery stores, either in the cheese shop or with specialty preserves. You can also purchase it online.
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup walnuts
1¼ cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup peach amaretto jam
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
2. In a blender, grind the walnuts into a crumb like texture and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mash one of the bananas with the sour cream and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the ground walnuts, followed by the eggs.
5. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the batter and mix together well. Mix in the sour cream and banana mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Slice the second banana in half. Remove from the loaf from the oven and gently place the second banana on top (this help prevent it from sinking).
7. Return to the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow it to cool completely.
9. In a small bowl, microwave the peach amaretto jam for a few seconds until it is pourable, about 15 seconds. Gently spoon it onto the top of the loaf.
It’s great to see you baking again Jolena! Glad the cake was a success!
Hey Jolena!! Really glad your bake was a success.. My banana bread was too.. always nice to have a few go to simple recipes for the days you want easy peasy! Haze x
I love your last picture showing the glimmering jam on the top! Beautiful!
This definitely was a tasty loaf of banana bread. I’m glad that everyone at the staff meeting enjoyed it.
That looks so good. Definitely one I will try in future x
Looks very delicious 😁
I like the idea of having a banana on top. I am definitely going to have to give this one a go!
What a beautiful loaf.
Yes, this is a beautiful and delicious loaf! We love it too!
Excellent pictures of that delicious banana loaf you baked! Welcome back, and looking forward to your next bake!
Banana loaf is our favourite! This looks delicious! :)