One of my favorite things to experiment with in the kitchen in burgers because you almost can’t go wrong. Do you remember the meatball burgers I made quite some time ago? They were such a big hit with my husband that he frequently requests them for dinner. Personally, I do not like a patty with a lot of fuss and ingredients. I want to taste the beef and let the toppings and sauces take center stage so I usually form patties and only season them with salt and pepper just before cooking.
For these beef patties I used grass-fed beef, salt, pepper and a small sprinkle of ground oregano. I thinly sliced some red onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. They are topped with salty feta cheese, greens and a creamy cucumber sauce that makes these burgers irresistible.
If you can believe it, I actually made these burgers several weeks ago and am just now getting around to sharing them with you. I have really been struggling to get things done lately. We had such gorgeous spring days I spent a lot of time outside, going on easy hikes, planting flowers and just enjoying the mild weather. Fast forward to the past couple weeks and it has been nothing but grey skies and rain, zapping the only leftover energy I have after doing work-related projects. I know I need to suck it up and forge ahead though so bear with me as I adjust. In the meantime, make these yummy burgers!
Greek Burgers with Cucumber Sauce
Author: The Ruby Kitchen
For the cucumber sauce:
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste
For the burgers:
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
4 hamburger buns
Red onion slices
Spinach or greens of your choice
Pinch of ground oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grate cucumber and squeeze between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. In a small bowl, mix grated cucumber with Greek yogurt and juice from one lemon.
3. Finely chop dill and mix in along with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. For the burgers, form four patties from ground beef while allowing a grill pan to warm over medium high heat.
5. Once the pan is hot, sprinkle the salt, pepper and ground oregano on each patty. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until desired doneness is achieved.
6. To assemble burgers, spread cucumber sauce on each side of a hamburger bun. Layer cucumber slices, tomato, red onion and greens and patty. Top with chunks of feta cheese.
I gotta try this. The cucumber sauce sounds tasty, thanks for sharing