It has been over a month since I last posted anything to the blog and I have been beating myself up over it. I have always been very goal driven in certain aspects of my life and I have many goals for this blog that I have not been able to live up to and it eats at me.
- Post 1-2 times per week.
- Find blogs and bloggers I love and connect with them.
- Redesign website to reflect my style.
- Redesign recipes page to have categories and be organized.
- Join a blogging network once I have full control over my website.
After my back surgery I was still able to do number two from the comfort of my bed during my initial recovery. I also posted fairly regularly despite pushing through pain while being in the kitchen. Little by little I would work on making things and getting pictures and write about them at a later time once I was rested.
When June rolled around our family was slammed with the news of hospice for my father in-law and everything came to a halt. I spent every moment I could with him before he died in July and I would not trade it for the world. My surgery recovery also took a turn and has become a long drawn-out battle I am still struggling with every day. I am in Physical Therapy twice a week still and exercise 6 days a week but still it is a challenge to go shopping or put dinner on the table – much less photograph and blog about it.
I struggle to not beat myself up over the lapse in reaching my goals. I know there is a reason for everything and maybe this is just not my year to reach those goals, but I am going to keep trying. Thanks to all my readers and blogging buddies for your emails, Facebook messages and comments over the past few months!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
10 oz. lemon curd
1.5 cups blueberries
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently roll puff pastry into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Lightly score the edge and fold over to create a rim. In the center poke holes with a fork so steam can escape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and allow to completely cool.
- To make filling, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until there are stiff peaks and set aside.
- Whip cream cheese and lemon curd until it is light and fluffy.
- Gently fold the two mixtures together and spread onto cooled tart.
- Top with fresh blueberries.