Ice Cream Bread is a thing. I mean, who knew that two ingredients could produce a quick and easy loaf of bread? That’s right – ice cream and self-rising flour is all you need to make this.
I saw Ice Cream Bread on Pinterest over a year ago and I am just getting around to making it. I looked at dozens of recipes and they all seemed to agree that the ice cream to flour ratio was the same. Chocolate chip and chocolate banana ice cream seemed to be the most popular but I wanted to use something that would utilize the strawberries that are abundant right now.
After staring at the selections for a few minutes I decided Strawberry Cheesecake was definitely the way to go. It is lightly sweet and utilizing in season strawberries are the perfect add in. I used strawberries that were headed for the garbage in a few days. It is the perfect way to use fruit that is past its prime. Try your own favorite flavors and mix-ins and let me know the results in the comments below!
Ice Cream Bread
1 pint Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream
1½ cups self-rising flour
½ cup chopped strawberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Let the ice cream melt on the counter or in the microwave n the defrost setting in 10 second increments. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries with the flour. Fold in melted ice cream.
- Place batter into loaf pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before slicing.
- Store wrapped in plastic wrap and a zip top bag.
That looks great! I am so glad you are feeling well enough to cook. :)
Thanks Amy! I actually made this prior to my back surgery but I am slowly making my way back into the kitchen.