When you have a craving for mashed potatoes but don’t want the carbs that come along with them this cauliflower and leek mash is the way to go.
I have actually been hanging onto this post since January. I did the pictures prior to the beginning of my bedrest and for whatever reason I was not feeling very inspired to write. Once I did muster up the energy to write I just couldn’t finish editing. For some reason I just was not feeling it.
Needless to say here I am finally ready to share. When I opened the file the first sentence read “Although spring is around the corner the winter chill is still in the air.”
Oh, wait. It is 70 degrees outside now and spring is definitely in full swing. Oops. Well, good thing it doesn’t need to be winter to enjoy some comfort food!
Cauliflower & Leek Mash
2 cups raw cauliflower florets
2 cups chopped leeks
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. melted butter
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
- Steam cauliflower over medium heat 7-9 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet over medium heat, sauté leeks in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt for 5-7 minutes until soft. Remove ½ cup of leeks and set aside.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add leeks and continue to puree until smooth, drizzling in the butter, salt and pepper. If you find it is a little dry for your taste you can add more butter or olive oil.
- Remove from food processor and stir in the remaining leeks.
This is a great alternative to mashed potato, it would go really well with a nice stew! Yum. Laura@ Baking in Pyjamas.
Pingback: 15 Simple Fall Recipes | the ruby kitchen