Key lime pie is my father in laws favorite dessert. So for this past Father’s Day I wanted to make him one, since store bought ones always seem to taste like lime-flavored chemicals or packaged gelatin mixes.
Key limes are so tiny and cute…I could not stop taking pictures of them. I cut each into four wedges to juice since they were too small for my citrus press.
There are a thousand recipes that call for sweetened condensed milk, cool whip topping and hardly any key lime juice. This will not do. I decided on cream cheese instead of cool whip topping and almost doubled what most recipes suggested for the juice. White chocolate was also added to the mix.
This was almost too simple to put this together. Enjoy!
- 1 Graham Cracker pie crust
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1 key lime, for garnish
- Whip cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until fully combined
- Mix in melted and cooled white chocolate
- While still whipping, slowly add vanilla and key lime juice
- Pour into prepared crust
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
- Zest one key lime over pie before serving
Wow, now this key lime pie looks amazing!!!! Delicious!!
Hi Jolena, I’m just stopping by from the Sweet and Savoury link up. I’ve never baked a key lime pie before, but your photo of a slice of this pie looks so good, I’m going to have to add this to my must try list! Such a pretty photo and it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks so much Rachel. You will have to give it a try and be sure to let me know how it turned out!
I love how you’ve used real key limes and not just normal limes for your key lime pie. I’d love to try these little limes and this pie. This has been featured as one of my favourites over at Sweet and Savoury Sunday. Stop by, grab a button and link up again with us this week. Have a great day! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas
Thanks so much for featuring me Laura! Looking forward to this weeks link up.
Pingback: Sweet and Savoury Sunday #85 | Baking in Pyjamas